Musculoskeletal Impairment Rating Live
We’re thrilled to announce a brand-new, one-day live workshop, Musculoskeletal Impairment Rating Live, scheduled for July 29th in Atlanta, GA!
The Back School, in partnership with Impairment Rating Services of Alabama, LLC, are pleased to present Musculoskeletal Impairment Rating Using the American Medical Association’s Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Sixth Edition, a 7.5 hour clinical education course. The purpose of the course is to gain competency in medical record review, physical examination methods, and report writing for musculoskeletal and nervous system impairment rating using the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Sixth Edition. The course is an interactive lecture format with demonstration of examination procedures, practice sessions, case studies, and a written post-test.
Attendees must present for at least 75% of the course, pass (80%) a written post-test consisting of 12 case studies, and complete a seminar evaluation to receive continuing education credits. Upon receipt of the post-test with a passing score and completed seminar evaluation, attendees will receive a course certificate.
- Know the purpose and the steps involved in impairment rating for the upper and lower extremities and spine
- Know the jurisdictional use of AMA Guides for state Workers’ Compensation systems and select Federal Agencies
- Explain the use of the diagnosis-based impairment (DBI)approach for impairment rating of soft tissue, Muscle/tendon, and Ligament/bone/joint diagnoses
- Know the approaches for rating peripheral nerve, CRPS, and ROM impairments.
- Demonstrate competency in UE, LE, and spine impairment rating through mastery of course case studies
Instructed by Greg Weiland, PT, MBA, CIR, CEAS II
One Day Only
7.5 Contact Hours